- Signature Requirements as of 2014:
- Amendments: 15% of registered voters who voted in the last Gubernatorial election.
- Statutes: 8% of registered voters who voted in the last Gubernatorial election.
- Referenda: 5% of registered voters who voted in the last Gubernatorial election.
- Recalls: 25% of the voters who voted in the last election for the incumbent to be recalled.
- Nominations: U.S. Senate $1000 fee. U.S. House $750 fee. Legislature $30 for Partisan Candidates – Free for Non-Affiliated Candidates
- County Citizen Grand Jury: 500 – 5000 signatures or the same amount for a county initiative.
- Deadlines: Amendments, Statutes, Referenda and Recalls – 90 days from beginning circulation. Citizen Grand Juries – 45 days.
Article 5 of the Oklahoma Constitution gives the citizens the right to Initiatives and Referenda.
Article 2, Section 18 of the Oklahoma Constitution gives citizens the right to Citizen Grand Jury.
The following three websites provide the most current information about your state’s ballot proposal news.