- Signature Requirements for 2014: All measures require an initial 1000 signatures and then a percentage of the votes cast for Governor in the last election.
- Amendments:signatures of 10% of the voters who voted in the last general election.
- Statutes and Referenda: signatures of 6% of the voters who voted in the last general election.
- Recalls: 15% of the voters who voted in the last general election.
- Nominations: Small Fee and Small Signature Requirement
- Deadlines: Initiative Amendments and Statutes must be turned in 125 days before general elections. Referenda signature must be filed within 90 days of the passage of a law to be reffered to the voters.
Article XVI gives Ohio citizens the rights to Initiative and Referenda.
ORC §705.92 gives Ohio citizens the right to Recall.
The following three websites provide the most current information about your state’s ballot proposal news.