- Amendments – 26,904 = 4% of the population
- Statutes and Referenda – 13,452 = 2% of the population
- Recalls 25% of the voters who voted in the last election in the district to be recalled.
- Nominations – U.S. Senate, House and Executive Officer – Party Candidates – 300 signature or 3% of the voters who voted in the last election. Independent Candidates – 1000 signatures – State Legislature- 300 signatures or 1% of the voters who voted in the last election.
- Local Initiative and Referenda in Cities and Counties – 15%
- Deadlines: 1 Year on all propositions. All signatures must be turned in 90 days prior to the election.
Article III of the North Dakota Constitution declares the citizens rights to propositions.
The following three websites provide the most current information about your state’s ballot proposal news.