Strength from the Soil
“Liberty and Union, Now and Forever, One and Inseparable”
North Dakota was the 39th State to join the Union on November 2nd 1889
North Dakota Offers: Initiatives, Referenda, Recalls, Nominations and Citizen Grand Jury.
- Amendments – 26,904 = 4% of the population
- Statutes and Referenda – 13,452 = 2% of the population
- Recalls 25% of the voters who voted in the last election in the district to be recalled.
- Nominations – U.S. Senate, House and Executive Officer – Party Candidates – 300 signature or 3% of the voters who voted in the last election. Independent Candidates – 1000 signatures – State Legislature- 300 signatures or 1% of the voters who voted in the last election.
- Local Initiative and Referenda in Cities and Counties – 15%
- Citizen Grand Jury (more research needed)
- Deadlines: 1 Year on all propositions. All signatures must be turned in 90 days prior to the election.
Article III of the North Dakota Constitution declares the citizen’s rights to propositions.
The following three websites provide the most current information about your state’s ballot proposal news.
More updates will be available in the near future.
We are looking for content creators. Join us and participate in our forum or contact admin directly for suggestions and contributions.
Future contributions will include: legislation, up to date state news, state group links, action items and more.
RIPAC is the first to unite all ballot proposal coverage websites and to let people self-organize to create a digitally connected critical mass that can qualify ballot propositions effortlessly. This method will forever change the political landscape, ensuring people have access to a legitimate and functional 4th system of checks and balances. Connect with us on various social media, add your email to our newsletter list and become a member to participate in the forums and the exclusive issue specific groups for your State.