- Amendments: 8% of the voters who voted in the last gubernatorial election.
- Amendment Deadline: 18 months.
- Referenda: 5% of the voters who voted in the last gubernatorial election.
- Referenda Deadline: 90 days after passage of law to be referred to the voters.
- Nominations: Partisan Candidates U.S. Senate and Statewide Offices- $200, U.S. House – $100, State Legislature $50. Independent Candidates for all offices but legislature – 10,000 registered missouri voters.
- Local Recalls: 25% who voted in the last election for the officer to be recalled.
- Recall Deadline: 60 days.
- Constitutional Convention – Automatic every 20 years
Article III Section 49 to 53 gives the citizens of Missouri the right to citizen propositions.
The following three websites provide the most current information about your state’s ballot proposal news.