- Amendments and Statutes: 3% of the votes cast in the last Gubernatorial election.
- Veto Referenda: 1.5% – 2% (for immediate suspension of law) of the votes cast in the last Gubernatorial election.
- Local Initiatives: 8% of registered voters
- Local Referenda: 12% of registered voters
- Recall: Available in some jurisdictions
Article XLVIII of the Massachusetts Constitution provides that people have the right to Initiatives and Referenda.
The following three websites provide the most current information about your state’s ballot proposal news.