- U.S. Senate and State Executive Offices – Party Candidates require 4,500 Signatures from at least 500 from each of the nine congressional districts.
- U.S. House and State Legislature – Party Candidates – Only a Declaration of Candidacy is required.
- For all Nominations: Libertarians are selected by convention and not required to file. Independents and Minor Parties require 2% of the signatures of the voters who voted in the Secretary of State’s election in their particular district they are running for office in.
- Deadlines: Democrats and Republicans – January to February, Independents and Minor Parties January to July
- Legislative Referrals require a simple minority of the legislators in in both chambers.