AN ACT, which shall be known and may be cited as the “2nd Amendment Preservation Act.”
To prevent federal infringement on the right to keep and bear arms; nullifying all federal acts in violation of the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States.
THE PEOPLE OF THE STATE OF (STATE) DO ENACT AS FOLLOWS:
SECTION 1 The legislature of the State of ____________ finds that:
- The 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States reads as follows, “A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.”
- All federal acts, laws, orders, rules or regulations regarding firearms are a violation of the 2nd Amendment
SECTION 2 PROHIBITION ON FEDERAL INFRINGEMENT OF THE RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS
- The Legislature of the State of _______________ declares that all federal acts, laws, orders, rules, regulations – past, present or future – in violation of the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States are not authorized by the Constitution of the United States and violate its true meaning and intent as given by the Founders and Ratifiers, and are hereby declared to be invalid in this state, shall not be recognized by this state, are specifically rejected by this state, and shall be considered null and void and of no effect in this state.
- It shall be the duty of the legislature of this State to adopt and enact any and all measures as may be necessary to prevent the enforcement of any federal acts, laws, orders, rules, or regulations in violation of the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States.
SECTION 3 EFFECTIVE DATE
- This act takes effect upon approval by the People.